The mission of Greenride Bikeshare
To transform our region by providing a high quality, convenient and affordable bikeshare system that will connect people to more places where they live, work, and play in Chittenden County by:
Enhancing transportation options and connectivity
Providing an affordable transportation option
Improving access (in all senses of the word)
Reducing car dependence
Improving individual and community health
Providing first/last mile connections
Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
Increasing new bike ridership and ownership
In our efforts to improve access to bikeshare for ALL Chittenden County residents, providing affordable memberships that are easy to obtain without the need for a computer or credit card is one of our key goals.
Bolt Forward: 50% off Pay as You Go per minute rate Bolt Forward Annual $29.99/year; includes 30 mintues of free ride time per day; $0.35/min after free ride time is used; all unlock fees waived
50% off per minute rate
$29.99 per year annual membership
Bikes available 24/7 365 days per year
In person enrollment help available at select locations
- Out-of-System Fee: $25 fee for locking outside the Greenride system area (see map)
- Out-of-Hub Fees: $2.50 fee for locking outside a Greenride hubs. (see map)
- If membership is cash-based and user incurs charges or fees that exceed the credit on their account, they will be responsible for paying those charges and adding more money to their account in a timely manner. Inability to pay for additional usage or fees will lead to warnings and possibly account suspension.
Greenride for All is available to Chittenden County residents ages 18 and older who qualify for The Vermont EBT Card or receive some sort of other assistance. Documentation is required to be submitted directly after signing up for a membership for verification. Please scan (or take a photo) of your documentation before starting.
Typical documentation includes:
- The Vermont EBT Card, which covers those enrolled in:
- Women, Income and Children (WIC)
- Reach Up
- SSDI - Social security disability
- Medicaid Card
- Section 8 Housing
- Fuel Assistance
- Decide if a Monthly or Annual plan works better for you
Call us at 866.BOLT.143 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgWe will get you set up with a Bolt Forward account.
All we will need is:
- Your full name
- Your phone number (this number will be associated with your Bolt account)
- Proof of qualifying status (Military or Veteran ID, CAC ID, EBT/SNAP card or discounted utility bill)
- Done! You are now part of the BOLT Forward program
Don't have the ability to scan or take a photo of your documentation? No worries, simply visit Old Spokes Home at 322 North Winooski Ave in Burlington and they will look after you. Or call Old Spokes Home at (802) 863-4475 to ask any questions.
Need help signing up for a membership?
All locations listed below are trained and willing to help anyone who does not have access to a computer, smartphone or simply need a little help to sign up for a membership. Visit a location during service hours and they can help. Please remember to bring any payment method, ID cards and anything else that might be needed.