The mission of greenride bikeshare
To transform our region by providing a high quality, convenient and affordable bikeshare system that will connect people to more places where they live, work, and play in Chittenden County by:
Enhancing transportation options and connectivity
Providing an affordable transportation option
Improving access (in all senses of the word)
Reducing car dependence
Improving individual and community health
Providing first/last mile connections
Reducing greenhouse gas emissions
Increasing new bike ridership and ownership
In our efforts to improve access to bikeshare for ALL Chittenden County residents, providing affordable memberships that are easy to obtain without the need for a computer or credit card is one of our key goals.
Greenride for All
Greenride for All provides $5 monthly or $25 annual membership for income qualified residents, as well as 50% off out-of-hub and out-of-service-area fees.
$5 per month membership
$25 per year annual membership
Bikes available 24/7 365 days per year
In person enrollment help available at select locations
Membership includes 60 minutes of free ride time per day. Use your hour however you like: one long trip or multiple short trips!
Daily use of longer than 60 minutes will result in additional fees of $5 for each additional 30 minutes or potential account suspension
No credit or debit card required at cash payment locations (see below)
Half off user fees
- Extra ride time on all plans = $5 per extra 30 min (prorated to the minute).
- All monthly and annual plans include 60 minutes of ride time per day
- If you want to make a quick stop, simply place the bike on “hold” and lock it. This will reserve the bike for up to 30 minutes and prevent other users from riding it. Hold time counts towards your total ride time.
- Clock starts when reserved via mobile/web or when account information is entered into bike.
- Out-of-System Fee: $25 fee for locking outside the Greenride system area (see map)
- Out-of-Hub Fees: $2.50 fee for locking outside a Greenride hubs. (see map)
- If membership is cash-based and user incurs charges or fees that exceed the credit on their account, they will be responsible for paying those charges and adding more money to their account in a timely manner. Inability to pay for additional usage or fees will lead to warnings and possibly account suspension.
Greenride for All is available to Chittenden County residents ages 18 and older who qualify for The Vermont EBT Card or receive some sort of other assistance. Documentation is required to be submitted directly after signing up for a membership for verification. Please scan (or take a photo) of your documentation before starting.
Typical documentation includes:
- The Vermont EBT Card, which covers those enrolled in:
- Women, Income and Children (WIC)
- Reach Up
- SSDI - Social security disability
- Medicaid Card
- Section 8 Housing
- Fuel Assistance
Set up your membership by clicking the Join Now button below on either the discounted monthly or annual plans. Immediately after completing the form, email email@example.com with your documentation attached. We will review the document and either approve your application or get back to you for more information. Once your application has been approved, you will informed via email and you can start riding!
Don't have the ability to scan or take a photo of your documentation? No worries, simply visit Old Spokes Home at 322 North Winooski Ave in Burlington and they will look after you. Or call Old Spokes Home at (802) 863-4475 to ask any questions.
Need help signing up for a membership?
All locations listed below are trained and willing to help anyone who does not have access to a computer, smartphone or simply need a little help to sign up for a membership. Visit a location during service hours and they can help. Please remember to bring any payment method, ID cards and anything else that might be needed.